It is well known that selenium is a trace element of powerful antioxidant effect, which supports our body in the protection against free radicals. However it is less known that – besides all of these effects – it plays an important role in the healthy functioning of the immune system. It also helps maintain normal production of iodine, supporting thyroid gland hormones.
Pro Selenium - organic selenium for hair, nails, immunity and thyroid gland
Selenium is an antioxidant protecting cells from oxidative stress, contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system and thyroid. In addition, selenium contributes to the preservation of normal hair and nails, and contributes to normal spermatogenesis.
In other CaliVita operations known under the name: Pro Selenium
Best before: see side of pack.
Action of selenium
How does selenium work?
- cares for the health of hair and nails
- supports immunity
- helps in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland
- has an antioxidant effect
- slows down the aging of tissues
- neutralizes the action of certain carcinogenic substances
- contributes to the proper course of spermatogenesis
- beneficial effect for menopausal women
- They work closely with vitamin E, mutually enhancing their action - together they protect the heart more
Selenium - an antioxidant for stressIt is well known that selenium is a trace element of powerful antioxidant effect, which supports to treat the effects of stress in everyday life.
Selenium for the thyroid gland
Selenium for immunity
Selenium slows down the aging of tissues and helps maintain their youthful elasticity. It neutralizes the action of certain carcinogenic substances and protects against some neoplastic diseases.
The importance of selenium in menopause
Selenium for men
Selenium against dandruff
Discovery of seleniumDiscovered by Jons Berzelius in 1817, the trace element selenium gets its name from the Greek word “selene”, because of its white color. For a long time after discovery, it was considered to be a toxic substance, but subsequent scientific investigation revealed selenium to be an indispensable element of proper nutrition
Selenium sourcesSelenium can be found in seafood, meats and grains, although the amount can vary greatly. The amount in meat depends on the selenium content of the grass or grain that is fed to the cattle, and this, in turn, depends on the selenium content of the soil where the plant was grown. The highest natural concentrations of selenium is generally found in brazil nuts. Differences between geographic areas are reflected in the amount of selenium in plants, including its amount in the ears of cereals. In New Zealand, where the soil is poor in selenium, cattle suffer from heart and muscle diseases (e.g. myasthenia gravis). Inhabitants replenish selenium deficiencies in the diet by consuming wheat imported from Australia. Similarly, in the Chinese province of Keshan, the high-prevalence heart disease was the result of a lack of selenium (hence the name Keshan disease). Dietary selenium deficiencies may interfere with the body's defenses and be more susceptible to infections.
Who do we especially recommend?
- To all people looking for strong antioxidant support.
- People who want to support the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Men to increase fertility.
- People who eat irrationals.
- Tobacco smokers.
Interesting facts about selenium
- As with many other minerals, selenium absorption is enhanced when the element is taken bonded to an organic acid (known as “chelated” form).
- One tablet of Pro-Selenium provides as much selenium as 3 eggs or 2 canned tunas (150 gr).
food supplement Calivita Pro Selenium
Selenium active ingredients
- Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Food supplements cannot substitute for a balanced mixed diet.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
Keywords: Pro Selenium, Calivita, selenium, antioxidant, anti-oxidant