Lutein Plus is a complex antioxidant formula we have developed especially to support the health of the eyes. It may be an efficacious help for everyone whose eyes are exposed to increased strain; for example those working with computers or in artificial light.
Lutein PLUS - lutein, zeaxanthin, blueberry and vitamin a for the eyes
Vitamins for the eyes
How do the active ingredients of Lutein PLUS work?
- help maintain the proper functioning of the eyesight (bilberry fruit extract - a source of anthocyanins, vitamin A)
- have an antioxidant effect (vitamin C)
- have a positive effect on the integrity of blood vessels (bilberry fruit extract - a source of anthocyanins)
Who do we especially recommend?
- People who experience eye strain.
- People who spend many hours working at the computer, reading books, watching TV.
- People driving after dark.
- People staying in smoky, air-conditioned, dry rooms.
- People exposed to intense sunlight or reflected, for example, from snow.
- People who use an improperly balanced diet.
- People over 40 years of age.
Good to know
- Did you know that ... the photosensitive receptors of the eye's retina - cone cells react only to light of the right intensity and allow us to see during the day and see colors, while rod cells are also sensitive to low-intensity light, ensuring night vision?
- One capsule of Lutein PLUS provides as much lutein as two large servings of spinach or 2 cups of egg yolks
food supplement Calivita: Lutein PLUS
Lutein PLUS active ingredients
Bilberry Fruit extract (std. 25% anthocyanosides) 25 mg
Lutein 6 mg
Zeaxanthin 0.5 mg
Vitamin A (retinol acetate) 0.2 mg
• Food supplements cannot substitute for a balanced mixed diet.
• Keep out of reach of young children.
Lutein eye support
LuteinaOne of the active ingredients of the product is lutein, which belongs to the carotenoids. After being absorbed into the body, lutein accumulates in the macula of the eye (the most sensitive part of the retina) and the lens. The retina is an organ used to transform light stimuli into nerve stimuli and transmit them to the visual center in the cortex.
What else does Lutein Plus contain
ZeaksantynaThe other main component of the formula is Zeaxanthin, which frequently used in combination with Lutein, is also an antioxidant compound belonging to the carotenoids, which accumulates in the eyes. Zeaxanthin stabilizes membranes, by which it participates in the defense of the membrane of the retina against light.
BilberryLutein Plus also includes one of the most important plant substances for the eyes, bilberry, which contain antocyanines, which help maintain the normal functioning of the retina, preserve the healthy level of collagen content of the eye and moreover they protect the health of capillaries against the harmful effects of free radicals.
Vitamin AVitamin A is indispensable for good vision.
Lutein Plus contains a set of optimally selected active ingredients: lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamins A and C, bilberry fruit extract, which support the proper functioning of the eye organ, protect the eyes from harmful factors, relieve eye fatigue, and improve the vision process. Lutein Plus is recommended to everyone for whom the preservation of sharp eyesight is important. Of course its antioxidant effect prevail not only in the eyes but in other organs and metabolic processes as well.
Lutein - the shine of our eyes
Lutein is a carotenoid, the family of nutrients responsible for giving vegetables their bright yellow or orange color. All carotenoids are excellent anti-oxidants, helping to protect cells against damage caused by free radicals, but lutein also plays an important role in healthy vision. The retina at the back of the eye is responsible for processing the images our eyes see. A part of the retina called the macula is especially sensitive to the blue and ultraviolet portions of the light spectrum. Lutein is concentrated in the macula, and helps support the pigment density that protects the macula from damage, by filtering out blue and ultraviolet light. We are born with lutein in our eyes, but the body cannot make this nutrient on its own, so replenishment can only come from diet. Dark, leafy green, or bright cruciferous vegetables are good sources of lutein, but many people have diets lacking in sufficient quantities of these types of food. As well, regardless of diet, the amount of lutein in the eye may deplete with age. Lutein supplementation may help support replenishment of this important nutrient.